Gruesome Peruvian savagery Anal Vomit’s frontman “Possessor” talks about the upcoming release and more. Belching forth an aggressive thrash influenced primitive style of Black Metal he stormed the Hell Furnace gates and savaged our questions. Plough through the interview for getting temptation and pleasure.
- Infernal salutations unholy war brethren! Greetings from Venustas Diabolicus Zine. “Demoniac Flagellations” is a bestial creation that influenced me further to dig out your releases.
Possessor: Yeah maybe, but we released other materials before “DEMONIAC FLAGELLATION” and also released other materials after it, but that album made a sign in our music. It got a good acceptation from the maniacs around this putrid planet and other sodomy countries.
- You’ve formed the band in 1992 from the putrid hell of Peru! Was Anal Vomit the first band of yours? Do you have any other side project besides “Anal Vomit”? I am just aware that Roy Noizer has another band named Saram. But I am not sure if you have/had any other side projects or not.
Possessor: ANAL VOMIT is my only fucking horde!! I don’t have any other metal band but I have other project based on traditional native Peruvian Music….not like fusion with metal, but pure native Peruvian music..
- Interesting! Can you inform us about your native Peruvian music project?
Possessor: Its name is Pachacamac, traditional sounds merged with contemporary instruments. I make chorus vocal, play bass guitar and other wind instruments together with other blood brothers of Incas Ceremonies.
- Your upcoming full length titled as “Muerte Negra Peste Negra” translated in English as “Black Death Plague Black”. Would you care shedding some lights why this title was chosen?
Possessor: Our lyric is based on old horror film, witchcraft,satanism, dark side, horror and death “MUERTE NEGRA,PESTE NEGRA” is based on a real history about the black death plague in Europe.
- Since the title of the album is set using Spanish language, can we expect Spanish lyric in some of the tracks?
Possessor: We mixed Spanish and English in This Album. It wasn’t Planned, It Just Happened.
- Regarding the sound, probably we can anticipate same violence and abhorrence towards this LP like the previous ones. Anything you want to add about it? Which label will release it and when will it be available?
Possessor: Of COURSE DEMON. The album will be a real time bomb; this will be a blast against Christian souls and insults to Nazarene. South American black noise!!
- Analogue atmosphere are audible in your later sound. You guys proudly do analog recording for studio records. How was your approach for the “Muerte Negra Peste Negra” recording sessions?
Possessor: Analogue is Satan’s sound!!…..Will release it in vinyl….. In terms of sound, you can only expect blast, corrosion and war!!!!!
- You have chosen the band’s name as Anal Vomit which is also a song by legendary Sarcofago. What are your other influences besides Sarcofago?
Possessor: Well, we have a deep liking to Sacrofago but we don’t only take their influence in our composition…A lot of Extreme, Speed and Terror Bands have influenced us. A lot of Bastard Hordes of South American countries like Peru, Chile, Colombia and others have inspired us. Old Black Sabbath, Mercyful Fate, Mob 47 and a lot of obscure ancient hordes will come to the list. We also dig some classical music like Mussorgsky, Paganini etc.
- Anal vomit’s sound & lyrics have similarities to the early South American bands like Sepultura, Sacrofago, Vulcano. Do their early environment, life influenced your songs? Do you think that the overall environment, surrounding and life of Latin America influence these extreme metal bands to create such kind of aggressive music?
Possessor: It happened when we started listening metal music in 80s/90s and the decomposed lyrics is related to our real South-American life, bombs, terrorism, bastard, politics etc…All are normal to us.
- Anal vomit has lost its drummer. Is there any new permanent drummer going to join up the roster?
Possessor: Yes! Our new drummer is official; the new soldier is called “Hoyle”.
- Sex is a crucial theme in your songs. What’s your opinion on promiscuity and molestation?
Possessor: I support it !(Laughs)
- Anal Vomit has struggled a lot in its early days. Did the band improve from that condition comparing to its earlier days? What role has the Internet played in spreading Anal Vomits plague? How do you take internet sharing of music, give us your opinion.
Possessor: In early days I used to think internet is a shit, but the good side of internet is it helped us spread our plague faster in other scene and in other hordes. I believe internet will be so stupid brain but if you consider its role to spreading our plague and metal terror, then yes, it is SO FINE.
- What do you think about the Peruvian Metal Scene? Any other bands you like in your region? Why other potential bands hailing from Peru aren’t getting exposure worldwide? Does touring worldwide involve financial crisis or lack of aggressive promotion?
Possessor: Here we are having metal crisis, not economic crisis (Laughs). In Peru, we do not have any serious metal label. There are some promising young metal bands. Enigma and Possederunt are for example. I hope these bands will not die and will keep their violent activities in future. A lot of bands are not listened to by the outsiders and in most case the members do not work hard for their band. Drinking beer and other toxic elements is not everything because we are metal musician and we need to work hard for our music.
But it is true that we had an obscure and very brutal metal scene in our history. Old bands from the 80s like Hadez, Mortem, Mortuorio etc are from this scene.
- Do you have any confirmed shows/tour in the near future in other continents? You have not played outside your continents even though maniacs from the other parts of the world are yearning to see you live. It was pretty sad that you guys had to cancel gigs in Europe due to unavoidable circumstances. We would like to see you live in Bangladesh as well.
Possessor: Look, in Peru it is not so easy to get a fucking visa to travel worldwide. Problem is not the money but the shitty embassies of European countries. We have had various invitations to make gigs in Europe and USA. But the embassies caused a lot of troubles.
- Any other words you want to share for our readers? It was a great pleasure to talk the frontman/bassist of a band that I admire a lot.
Possessor: Thanks for the interview and salutes to all maniacs in Bangladesh. We will make gigs in your country. We will try to make it possible and will meet soon. SALUTES DEMONS AND FALLEN ANGELS,,DEPRAVED AND ZOMBIES ,,,,,!!!!! ARGHHHHH !!!!
Conducted By: Safwan Hossain
“NOIZER” – Lead Guitars.
“POSSESSOR” – Vocals and Bass.
JOE HOYLE – Drums.
M. “NIHIL SOLDIER” – Guitars
Listen to “Brebaje De Muerte” from the upcoming Full Length: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=607250999393978&set=vb.301683759950705&type=3&video_source=pages_video_set