Venustas Diabolicus has marked its eighth month of existence with success, with a view to manifest and hold its motto to promote the black metal supremacy through our voyage. It’s time for us to make some changes in the website we are publishing our writings on. From now on, we will allow posting advertisements in our site. Bands, labels, prod house, zines, promotional agencies, gig organizers, radio stations, jamming pads and others can put their advertisements for promotional purposes. For detailed information regarding advertisements, cost and other issues, interested people are requested to contact us through our e-mail/facebook page.
Triumphant from Austria previously have gone under several monikers (Frantic Tormentor, Nekromantik & Manic Disease) to carry out their extreme metal journey. Music of previous eras was more or less stuck into the typical boundary line of ruthless old school black/thrash metal. In the Triumphant reign, these Maniacs have successfully evolved a unique sound (that is undoubtedly different and wider than the general contents of black/thrash metal) in the debut full length, “Herald the Unsung” and for such kind of uphill task they should be greeted with veneration.
Here is our interview with the frontman, Bekim Leatherdemon:
- Hail to you, “Bekim” for the impressive debut full length “Herald the Unsung”. I hope you are pleased with the way it turned out.
Bekim: Sorry for the delay Bro, thanks a lot for your support and believing in Triumphant. We are very pleased the way it turned out. If I have to be honest I didn’t expect such good reactions from the crowd and magazines… We got lots of good reviews from all around the World!
- To begin with do tell us the beginning journey of Triumphant and also tell us how and why did Manic Disease turn into Triumphant?
Bekim: We started to work with Triumphant in 2013. We had cool times with Manic Disease, but we felt that it is not the style we want to play. After we went separate ways with our old drummer, we decided to search for new members, change the name of the band, and do the music we always wanted to do – Evil Fucking Metal, not just Thrash, Black or whatever…We decided to put all Styles that we like!
- What are the things that have provoked you demons to start extreme metal music? Name the bands that have influenced you by all means?
Bekim: It’s very hard to answer that question because we are also big fans of classic Rock, Doom Metal, Classic Heavy Metal…But trough Extreme Metal we can better express our emotions and visions…There are too many Bands that influenced us, not only Extreme Metal bands, there are also some Crust/Punk bands, classic Rock Bands…But to Name a few of them…Desaster, Nifelheim, Dissection, Bomabrder, Motörhead, Venom, The Chasm, Merciless, Bewitched, Stormwitch, G.I.S.M…
- I see the influences have emanated from different sources and Triumphant’s music does not even follow the hard and fast rule of typical black/thrash metal. The music is way more ground-breaking than that of the contemporaries. But most of the bands that try to bring together the influences of different genres and try to produce something far out- ARE JUST FAILED ABRUPTLY. What is your remark in this case?
Bekim: I hate it when people say “Triumphant is a black/thrash band”. Most of those new Black/Thrash bands sound the same and boring. We wanted to create something different and unique…If you listen to our LP you can recognize a lot of classic Heavy Metal influences, some Punk Riffs too, or even Death Metal riffs (Fullmoon over Transylvania). Our mastermind Persekutor composes great Riffs and Music, and he is doing it very well. We are mixing lot of different styles but it’s not chaotic and without sense…We are not afraid to use all these Influences and we don’t give fuck what people say. Next Triumphant LP will be even more varied, but still METAL TO THE BONE.
- In fact, I have detected a much more musicianship efforts in Triumphant over Manic Disease. Yet, both of the bands deliver a startling sound. How would you differentiate “Triumphant” from “Manic Disease”?
Bekim: Manic Disease was more or less typical Black/Thrash Band. With new Members (Second Guitar Player Ephemer, new Drummer Altar Crusher) and me on the Vocals, Triumphant become more variety especially on Live…
- Well, let’s switch the conversation to the live shows of Triumphant. According to many, live show is a clear-cut method to demonstrate an artist’s actual ability. How do live shows work as a reflector of your creations? Can you summarize us about the usual live gig of Triumphant in terms of sound, stage appearance, energy and stage acts?
Bekim: Live gigs are the best thing that happened in my Life, every gig is for us important no matter how many people are there. We give our best and we “Die” on the Stage for the Maniacs in front of us. We are not just another band with boring outfits that just play their stuff and try to be cool on the stage. Our shows are Hell full of Sweat, Leather, Spikes, Chains and pure Metal Magic -that is the best feeling. Nothing can replace it, No Money, Drugs, Sex or Whatever…We Breath, Bleed and Eat Metal!!!
- It can be presumed that the band is having killer times by touring the neighboring parts of the Europe. Recently you have also shared stage with the Almighty Possessed. Is there any preparation to tour other parts of the world as well?
Bekim: Ohh Yes, the gig with Possessed was just amazing, a dream came true. For this year we are confirmed for some great gigs and festivals, and next year too. In 2015, we want to make small European Tour. I hope in next few years we will get more attentions so we can also tour in Asia, South America. We have a lot of respects for Maniacs there, and it would be great to play in front of them.
- Can you brief us about the writing and recording procedures of your music? Is the writing procedure a collective effort?
Bekim: Persekutor writes most of the Riffs, he records them at home, and when he comes to rehearsal we are working on it. We discuss about everything. Our drummer is very talented too and always has good ideas and suggestions. Ephemer and Doomed Desolater are doing their Job great. We are just one bunch of friends and maniacs who enjoy it to be together and create some Music.
- What contents do you want to convey through your lyrics? Who are primarily in charge of composing and writing music?
Bekim: If we talk about lyrics, Persekutor and I are writing most of them. I write more about “My Inner Temple”, Metal Cult, and War”. Persekutor is more into Occultism. Persekutor is the mastermind and he writes the Riffs. Mostly he comes with his ideas to Rehearsal and then we are working on it.
- Why “ZIVOT ISPOD OBRNUTOG KRSTA” was sung in your native Bosnian language? Was there any special reason behind it?
Bekim: Well, Guys wanted me to write one song in my Native language because Metal in Eastern European Languages sounds more Brutal and Aggressive!
- I think only the track “Necromantic Force” was completed during the “Manic Disease” era. Is there any other track from the full length that was recorded/ written during the Manic Disease epoch?
Bekim: Yes, Necromantic Force is an old track from Manic Disease times. Fullmoon over Transylvania is originally track of “Circle of Shadows” (Great Old School Black Metal Project of Persekutor). Other Songs were created in Triumphant era.
- So far “Herald the Unsung” has been released from three different labels and each of them comes up with a different version. Pro-tape from Destruktion Records, CD from Cyclone Empire and Vinyl from Heavy Forces Records. How co-operative were those labels?
Bekim: We had a luck to work with such a good Labels, for our first Album it’s is amazing that we had 3 very dedicated and professional Labels who supported us and done their Job very Professional! We are still on the Board of Cyclone Empire, so the next album will also be available through Cyclone Empire (CD and LP).
- Then, tell us about the next release. It is certain that the audiences of Triumphant are blood thirsty for more fiendish materials. Any new materials are to be brought to light soon?
Bekim: We are already working on new songs. This year we are going to release one split 7″ (but I can’t tell which Band because it’s still not confirmed). In the beginning of next year we will make a video for one of the songs from the upcoming Split and by the end of the next year we will release a new LP. As you can see we are were busy writing new material and preparing for upcoming Gigs.
- I am really looking forward to the upcoming materials. Thanks for your time to complete the answers. I think that is all I have for the interview. Anything to add?
Bekim: KEEP IT TRUE.
Conducted By: Zoheb Mahmud
|Doomed Desolator||Bass, Vocals (backing)|
|Persekutor||Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing)|
|Bekim Leatherdemon||Vocals (lead)|
Blistering black/death metal with melodic bridges and thrash- influenced solos, which are the synopsis for the debut full length by Infernal Execrator! Hailing from the center of Asian metal madness, Singapore, Infernal Execrator’s debut opus took almost a decade to be unleashed among the fanatic fans of black/death metal. The release entitled “Ad Infinitum Satanic Adherent” was released by Eastern Voice Productions for the distribution in Asian region.
For those who are unfamiliar to Infernal Execrator’s sound, the band plays a blend of furious black/death metal in vain of early era Marduk, Angelcorpse, Impiety and so, with influences drawn from thrash metal guitar patterns. Their extremely orthodox musical influences certainly comes to a corner concluding a vicious sound.. Ad Infinitum Satanic Adherent is no different with blazing guitar riffs with some often rhythmic bridges. The guitars are prolific with some often thrash influenced solos- the solos are fast, rampant and descends ferociously to the listeners. The technical drumming intensifies the music, although the drums sound quasi-programmed, which can be considered as a minor drawback. However, for music like Infernal Execrator’s, it’s not even a big deal. The vocals require some special lines- for being the most spectacular element on this record. The piercing, passionate voice of Ashir’s shivers the spine with utter terror. The overall sound of the album is pretty clear- with satisfactory production. If you are to find some “raw war metal” then Ad Infinitum Satanic Adherent is not your stuff, if you are to find some solid black/death/thrash metal- Infernal Execrator’s debut is perfect for you. The release lasts for roughly 26 minutes, but it should leave a bleeding resonance to your head. Recommended.
Highlights: Singatheos Regimentum Mastema– the masterful number of the release- starts off with melodic rhythm guitars before breaking out to a violent black/death epidemic.
Iblisupremacy Divine Desimare – contains some solid and memorable guitar riffs, you find nowhere in the album, the track is more leaned to a thrash edge. This is the best song in the full length in my opinion.
Mors Ultima Vocatio– This can be claimed as an odd track to the list- as it sounds more oriental on the punishing black metal background. An absolute stunner.
Listen to Singatheos Regimentum Mastema:
Released: March 26, 2014
Labels: Eastern Voice Production (Asian Tape and CD edition), Warhemic Productions (US Tape edition), Dunkelheit Produktionen (European Vinyl edition; to be released)
|Kommando Antichristo (Bass), Vocals (on Cuntblasphemy Bitchgoddess Dei-Impalation)|
|Ashir (Guitars, Vocals)|
|Necro Shairan (Guitars)|
Guest: Nizam Aziz (Impiety), Guitar Solo on Iblisupremacy Divine Desimare
Infernal Execrator on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Infernal-Execrator/255877511097154
Reviewer: Somber Oracle
When it comes to the term “All Female Black Metal Band”, Astarte from Greece is a prominent name. The band has bestowed the adherent of black metal music with their five impressive full length releases. Undoubtedly, fans must be downhearted to know the sad news of passing away of Marina Kolokouri, better known as her stage name Tristessa. The leader of the band was having leukemia and she had to quit from the battle against this fatal disease on yesterday (August 10, 2014). Short life of the black metal frontwoman comprised only 37 years.
Maria’s husband Nick Maiis has delivered the following statements revealing the sad news of her passing away:
“Maria she’s left from, this world,you are leaving a lot behind and my soul is in pain.You are a special person,you are my Wife .i will always adore you,our son and everybody that they love you.I will always honour you and you will never be forgotten .
Until we meet again my love i will will kiss you from inside of my soul
You Nick and your son Antonios”.
On December 30, 2013, Maria Kolokouri’s husband first announced that she had leukemia and was critically ill. However, previously announcement from her husband referred that the physical condition of her was getting better.
By: Zoheb Mahmud
Impiety, a veteran of the extreme metal region needs no introduction to the bona fide listeners of this field. Impiety has been ravaging and crushing the faux religious ethics over two decades under the Kaos Kommand of Shyaithan. Yet, troopers from different countries have allied with Impiety in different periods, but Shyaithan remains as the only member from the original lineup. It goes without saying that Bangladeshi metal maniacs are yearning enthusiastically for the arrival of Impiety for the first time in Bangladesh at Banish the Posers Fest, on coming November. We had a conversation with the GOATFATHER of Asian Metal, Shyaithan regarding the upcoming Bengal Invasion and other ventures of Mighty Impiety. For both sides of the Bangla metal regiments, it is indeed a thumping opportunity to attend the live onslaughts of this iconic band.
– Impious Salutation, Comrade “Shyaithan”!! Mighty Impiety is having a really busy touring schedule recently. Kings of Black Metal, Inferno, Hammersonic and most recently the Crusade of Armageddon China Tour, which is most probably the first ever China invasion of Impiety. How storming were those onslaughts?
Shyaithan: I think all were great and smooth. Only Hammersonic was a waste of time because we played our best and found out later the guy at the FOH fucked things up and nothing could be hear from the FOH. On stage; however, it was different with good monitors, etc. Kings was great, this was the 2nd time we return to KOBM Fest, first one was in 2010. Anyways we had a blast. Even for Inferno which was the first time IMPIETY laid siege upon Oslo, Norway, it was all smooth and really satisfying. The highlight in my honest opinion was the 3 shows we did across China in Beijing, Zhenjiang and Shanghai. Our first time to China and it was really the best experience especially meeting diehards who have been writing for so many years. All in all, been a really good start for 2014, especially with 2 other festivals beginning with Bangalore, TSF IV and a festival in Kedah, Malaysia – those were bloody awesome as well.
– Now, tell us about the upcoming Banish the Posers Fest, 2014 where you are going to strike as the headliner on November 07, 2014. Apart from the Banish the Posers Fest, you are also going to annihilate the other part of the Bengal on the following day and it will be Impiety’s second whack over India. Why and how did you come up with the decision to conquer the lands of Bengal finally?
Shyaithan: Well honestly IMPIETY finds it interesting to ravage & conquer new lands, and not just because we want to but also because we know in these regions there are the few who really want to see us. Plus, we really want to meet them as well. We have done heaps of European tours but all that is pretty much routine during the course of our history and we would like to try new place/countries, especially in Asia which itself is a really vast and diverse continent with plenty of metal warriors throughout. It is just the fact some of these cities/countries may not be well known for metal but that doesn’t bother us, Important thing is to maintain a close bonding and network with good comrades throughout the underground no matter wherever they reside and also to contribute to the burning spirit we all share and support their cause.
– How well are you aware of the Bangladeshi extreme metal scene and how do you outlook this scene? You have shared stage with Orator, but apart from Orator do you know any other bands from Bangladesh?
Shyaithan: Sounds promising and during the last years I’ve been listening to new bands/getting promos,etc. I only know of and have heard Orator, Nafarmaan, Severe Dementia, Morbidity, Nuclear Winter, and Necrolepsy. So not too many and I may have forgotten a few more…but looking forward to meeting the rest if there is chance.
– You mentioned in an interview that you combined some ideas and techniques with your guitarist Nizam on the latest prodigious EP, “Impious Crusade”. So in the upcoming releases, will we see you again to combine with your band mates while writing and composing stuffs? Or will we see Shyaithan returning with his dictatorship (laughs)? And please inform us about the next release?
Shyaithan: Well of course for the upcoming material I’ll compose mostly everything but also work some interesting parts out with Nizam. He does have brilliant ideas as well, very fitting to whatever I write. I can’t say more what it is going to sound like, but definitely a lot more lethal than the last, The Impious Crusade EP you mentioned. No point for me to say more, because you’ll be the judge in the end.
– Recently, Pakistani doom metal band Dusk covered Motörhead– Bomber and you have contributed the vocal deliveries on the tribute. Tell us about it.
Shyaithan: Ah Yes, thanks to Babar from DUSK for inviting me to do the vocals for Bomber. I like Motörhead a lot, and when he put the question before me, I said yeah, let’s go. I didn’t rehearse anything and just on the day of recording turned up early morning at the Studio and sang it all at one go, recorded live. Good vibes throughout, perfect choice for a cover. I would give my full support for DUSK always!
– Impiety has to do quite a lot of expensive touring, especially overseas every year. How would you describe the personal and financial sacrifices that you have to make in order to continuing these overseas tours?
Shyaithan: 2 words… FUCKING INSANE!! Honestly we always end up broke, that is the reality in doing big tours. Fact is Singapore is so far away from Europe or USA. Just getting to these places for the 3 of us plus extra baggage, etc costs a bomb. We never get label support, and that sucks. So a lot of fans don’t see and realize how much we sacrifice throughout. Sure there are good promoters most of the times, but then there are also promoters who can’t pay much towards the flight cost, sometimes covering all, sometimes half. It’s always a give and take situation, but most of the times I can honestly tell you, we earn little if not nothing at all.
– Previously you had to team up with musicians from different regions for upholding the existence of the Mighty Impiety. For various reasons, those line-ups needed to rectify. Current drummer, Dizazter is from Australia. Does this issue create any sort of unwelcome hiccup? But one thing is obvious that Impiety’s current line-up looks totally ravaging.
Shyaithan: Dizazter (Louis Rando) from Perth, OZ is an amazing individual, a true IMPIETY barbarian. He plays in amazing bands Morghl and The Furor. He usually flies in and we spend a week rehearsing our balls off from 9am till 5pm. At least a minimum of 6-7 hours in a day and just because we like it this way. Yes, perfect drummer for the job, has a great sense of humor. He and Nizam usually gets up to plenty mischief on tours, haha. You’ll see what I mean in due time. But honestly, both Nizam and Dizazter are really dedicated bearing great team spirit, and I love these guys just like family.
– Many of the underground black/death metal bands do not like to partake in the big festivals since on those fests one needs to perform with the other bands that are different in terms of ideology and sound. But, Impiety probably does not have such kind of problems in sheer level. Even though performing in the biggest fests, Impiety has always remained true with their ideology and they have preached the unholy anthems according to their belief. How would you evaluate this object?
Shyaithan: From day one the main ideology/philosophy, musical direction has never changed, progression is eminent but we still remain purveyors of lighting fast satanic war and blasphemy. Sure perhaps the level of playing has immensely improved but all that as nature takes its course and we become better throughout time. But point to note is, I will never ‘majorly’ change anything because if I wanted to play something very different, I would have already formed another secondary band to do so. But as you can see, I’ve given it all to IMPIETY because it’s the ultimate weapon of choice. No mercy for the frail and for the blind sheep of God. Bestial Black Death from 1990 has only prevailed till today. Sure, some albums were forged with more black metal elements but generally this current chaos maelstrom of blackened death will continue to prevail and decimate all.
– What would be the classic line-up of Impiety in your view? Do you have any plan to do a re-union gig/tour with the original or with the classic line-up (that you do consider)?
Shyaithan: Sure we had a lot of great warriors from the past in the line-up, and yeah, I wouldn’t mind playing some songs live with ex-members but honestly, that isn’t in my mind at the moment. You could say I am happier and more content with the current line-up.
– We have come to the ending part of the interview. Being a fan of Impiety for long, it has been an honor to conduct an interview of you. Before wrapping it up, do you want to state any nefarious message to the Bengal fans who are awaiting for Banish the Posers Fest, 2014?
Shyaithan: Anticipating touchdown into Dhaka, that’s when all fury breaks loose…we are stoked and looking forward to meeting good mates and Legions throughout not to mention all bands that are playing at Banish The Posers Fest. We have a very interesting set list especially for the Bengal Hell Hordes! See you fuckers at the war front, Worship War – Praise Satan!
SHYAITHAN – Bass.Vocals
NIZAM AZIZ – Guitars
DIZAZTER – Drums
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/impietyofficial
Twiter : http://www.twitter.com/mightyimpiety
Youtube : http://www.twitter.com/mightyimpiety
Conducted By: Zoheb Mahmud
Looking for the right spot to unleash your apostasy? There’s an encompassing chance to grant your eternal perdition- talking about a gig entitled Reign in Blasphemy Fest 2014. The show is supported and organized by Metal Monger Records, a newly formed record label from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Metal Monger aims to make a collective effort to represent bands of different genres and styles in one gig which should shatter your ears with filthy sermons. Bands like Nafarmaan, Abominable Carnivore and Burial Dust are to blast throughout with sheer black metal desecration, Morbidity to herald their old school desultory, Raw Thrash metal acts Dissector and Exalter to invoke the war and madness around whereas old school thrashers Nuclear Winter to tear you off with their warlike anthems. So you certainly will not put any apathy on this extreme metal expedition. Reign in Blasphemy Fest 2014 also announces the return of Nuclear Winter to the scene from exile. Burial Dust, the young black metal act from Dhaka will be hitting on stage for the first time, better watch out for these bands. Morbidity is all charged up with the release of their new full-length “Revealed From Ashes”. Exalter is all set to release their debut EP “Democrasodomy” soon.
The concert has Nafarmaan as the headlining act- you need not to be told about their excellence and mastery as denounced by them previously. With a lineup as strong as this one, you can expect a bloody assault and total chaos all over the venue. You will not get a gig like this one in the city for months and moreover, you have the chances to get the metal gears for your collection. The slaughterhouse is all ready to agonize your ears at National Library Auditorium on 9th of August. Don’t forswear about the show.
Venue: National Library Auditorium (Next to Bangladesh Radio Office), Agargaon, Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka.
Date: August 09, 2014
GATE OPENS: 3:00 PM
NAFARMAAN ( https://www.facebook.com/nafarmaan.horde )
MORBIDITY ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morbidity/133630130030339 )
ABOMINABLE CARNIVORE (https://www.facebook.com/abominablecarnivore )
NUCLEAR WINTER (https://www.facebook.com/NuclearWinterBD )
DISSECTOR (https://www.facebook.com/dissectormanics )
EXALTER (https://www.facebook.com/ExalterBD )
BURIAL DUST (https://www.facebook.com/burialdust )
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/248329862041960/
Metal Monger Records on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/metalmonger
By: Somber Oracle